Eighth episode, and I still have opinions! If you haven't already, read my review for episode one, episode two, episode three, episode four, episode five, episode six, and episode seven.
As before I've already given you a spoiler warning in the title and the cover photo and here's a third. Consider yourself warned.
This episode was a romp like many other episodes, and it's also an episode where we're getting down to the nitty gritty. We've gotten to the point where we're losing queens that we've connected with.
That being said I didn't grow up with Cher, so I was regerttably alienated from this episode, but I understand the importance.
1. I want a poster of Monet.
This comparison here is basically how I see myself next to Enya.
2. Asia and Vixen's conversation is interesting.
Asia literally uses the phrase "Angry Black Woman" to describe Vixen. The way she uses it is a little unique fro the stereotype. She's using it to describe a response to white ignorance rather than a general behavior.
Normally the idea of 'tone policing' relies on identity politics of a person of privilege telling a person of less privilege how to operate, however in this conversation we have a black drag queen talking to another black drag queen, so I don't think that card can be played.
Anyway Asia is telling Vixen to react to stimuli in a different manner, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
3. Billy Eichner is my role model.
Comedy goals; beauty goals; everything goals.
4. Cracker had a really easy role because of the whole autotune thing, so I think she did a great job, but I also don't know Cher, and the judges didn't really comment.
That's about it.
5. I loved the Vixen's look.
Yes the paper sort of look was a bit of a repeat from some of her other looks but I'm still obsessed.
6. Aquaria was early to the Met Gala.
If that doesn't make her an icon I don't know what does.
7. Cracker is also an icon.
I don't super get the concept but I'm into it.
8. Not really into Ru's look?
Am I allowed to say that? The colors don't work together for me, and the contrast between the sequins and the matte green just do not work with the amount that the sequins are visible.
9. Not mad about Kameron's win.
10. I'm too ignorant to enjoy this lip sync, but also the Vixen had no chance.
Didn't really know the song, but the dancing was chill.
That's about it. Have a great day y'all.